Smokey Vegan Coconut Bacon
Vegans and bacon lovers alike rejoice! This coconut bacon tastes even better than the real thing, plus it’s clean and the smokey maple flavour is to die for.
2 tbsp liquid smoke
1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tbsp water
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 & 1/2 cups Coconut Chips
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl. Add in coconut chips and gently toss until evenly combined.
3. Sprinkle some paprika on, and toss until evenly combined again.
4. Spread evenly on top of baking paper on a tray, and lightly sprinkle some more paprika on top.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven, flipping the coconut chips every 5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly. Keep a close eye on these as they can burn easily.
6. Store in an airtight container to keep them crunchy for a few days (but they definitely won’t last that long.)
Recipe shared, with permission, from Nutra Organics.